HUNTSVILLE, Weber County — One man died Sunday morning after a motorcycle crash when he ran off the road near Huntsville.
The incident happened about 9:55 a.m., according to the Utah Department of Public Safety. A 77-year-old man was traveling north on his motorcycle on Trappers Loop Road when he ran off the right side of the road and onto a grassy hillside.
“The driver continued traveling through the grass for approximately 200 yards before crashing,” the department said.
A medical helicopter was dispatched; the man, however, died of his injuries at the scene. His name was not released Sunday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- WATCH: Ogden police speak after chase ends with suspect dead and officers hurt
- Local police respond to nationwide T-Mobile issue
- Virginia lawmakers reject assault weapon ban