SALT LAKE COUNTY– Unified Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man they suspect of attacked a young female hiker.
On April 29, 2020, a young woman was hiking the Quarry Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon when she was approached from behind, struck with a stick and strangled, according to a statement released by Unified Police on Tuesday.
The young woman yelled for help and other hikers came to her aid. When they did, the suspect fled the scene.
Unified Police have composed a sketch of the suspect. Authorities say the suspect is a white male in his early 20’s. He’s approximately 6-feet tall and is characterized as “skinny” with long light brown hair.
If you have any information regarding the identity of the man, please contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-700. Please reference the case number 20-45161.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Bodies of missing girls found in Utah Lake
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Salt Lake County restaurants ready to reopen indoor dining
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday