SALT LAKE COUNTY– Unified Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man they suspect of attacked a young female hiker.
On April 29, 2020, a young woman was hiking the Quarry Trail in Little Cottonwood Canyon when she was approached from behind, struck with a stick and strangled, according to a statement released by Unified Police on Tuesday.
The young woman yelled for help and other hikers came to her aid. When they did, the suspect fled the scene.
Unified Police have composed a sketch of the suspect. Authorities say the suspect is a white male in his early 20’s. He’s approximately 6-feet tall and is characterized as “skinny” with long light brown hair.
If you have any information regarding the identity of the man, please contact the Unified Police Department at 801-743-700. Please reference the case number 20-45161.
Today’s Top Stories
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Officer Josue Llil, West Valley Police Department
- Red Barn Farms
- Can an executive order really change the 14th Amendment?
- New dashboards compare education spending to outcomes in Utah
- Doctored videos are already faking the cause of Beirut’s explosion
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- KSL’s Unrivaled: The teams you live for, the sports you love
- Tree roots tangled with headstones keep Salt Lake cemetery closed
- Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help