(CNN) — Chris Evans is giving a special gift to one very brave little boy.
The Captain America star sent a video message to Bridger Walker, 6, who saved his four-year-old sister from a dog attack. Walker was badly injured requiring a two-hour surgery and 90 stitches to his face.
“Captain America here, so I read your story, I saw what you did and I’m sure you heard a lot of this over the last couple days, but let me be the next one to tell you, pal, you’re a hero, what you did was so brave, so selfless, your sister is so lucky to have you as a big brother. Your parents must be so proud of you,” Evans said in a video message posted to an Instagram page started by Walker’s aunt. “I’m going to track down your address and I’m going to send you an authentic Captain America shield because pal, you deserve it.”
When Walker’s father asked him why he jumped in between his sister and the dog, he is said to have told them, “if someone had to die, I thought it should be me,” according to the statement from the family obtained by CNN.
The young boy also caught Anne Hathaway’s attention.
“I’m not an Avenger, but I know a superhero when I see one,” Hathaway wrote on Instagram alongside photos of Bridger and his sister. “I can only hope I’m half as brave in my life as you are in yours, Bridger. Wishing you an easeful recovery, and many cool looking rocks. Hey @markruffalo, do you need a teammate??”
The family says Mark Ruffalo, Tom Holland, Hugh Jackman, Zachary Levi, the Russo brothers and Robbie Amell are among those who have reached out to them.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Courage Reins
- Why are fewer Christmas trees growing in the US? Blame the Great Recession
- 6 Russian military officers charged in vast hacking campaign
- New Zealand mosque shooter sentenced to life without parole
- How the director of ‘This Is Paris’ reintroduced Paris Hilton to the world
- Mr. Mike Huestis – American Fork High School
- How medical examiner determines COVID-19 as primary cause of death
- ‘Toilets Are Not Trash Cans’ campaign could soon go statewide
- Melanie Fisher – Bluffdale Elementary
- High winds have UDOT asking truckers to stay off I-15 in Northern Utah