HOLLADAY– One person is in critical condition after a police shooting at a parking structure near 3210 E 6200 S in Holladay.
On Saturday around 12:15 p.m., the Unified Police Department responded to a suicidal man who was reported to be armed. Police say when they arrived, the man was armed with a handgun.
According to a police statement, officers say they negotiated with the man for approximately 30 minutes. At 1:13 p.m., they said a police shooting took place, but offered no details about what led up to it.
The man was transported to a local hospital in critical condition.
No officers were injured.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Treatment center, Turn-About Ranch, responds with statement
- Melania Trump announces Rose Garden ‘renewal’ project
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Heart of Utah: Two Navy doctors from Utah describe pandemic service
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Coyote sighting reported at the University of Utah campus
- Complaints over bad odor cause U.S. Steel to halt cleanup efforts, for now
- Police searching for man accused of stealing ducklings from ponds
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting