COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah – Cottonwood Heights Police are trying to figure out what led up to a reported shooting near a shopping center on Union Park Avenue and 1300 East Tuesday afternoon.
Cottonwood Heights Police Sgt. J.D. Tazoi said they got a 9-1-1 call from someone around 2:45 p.m.
“It appears that the person who called 911, to begin with perhaps saw their car that had been stolen, perhaps earlier in the year,” Tazoi said.
But what exactly happened next is unclear.
“I don’t know if the victim was shooting at the suspect, the suspect was shooting at the vehicle, or there was a shootout between the two…We haven’t been able to speak with any victims, which is part of the difficulty,” Tazoi said.
Making things even more complicated, reports of shots fired came in at exactly the same time from Midvale and Murray.
It’s not known where the incident may have started, but an abandoned vehicle was also found at the Best Buy in Murray that day.
Officers investigated that scene, along with the one in Midvale, through the afternoon on Tuesday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Donovan Mitchell: good Samaritan deed goes viral
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Courage Reins
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…