SALT LAKE CITY — Utah Task Force 1, a team comprised of 80 members from multiple agencies in the Salt Lake Valley, announced that it was activated early Saturday morning to help assist with wide-area search efforts in Oregon.
The task force will join the FEMA Red 1st, Washington Task Force 1 and 1MRP Canine Search Team Human Remains Detection Nevada Task Force1.
Early this morning, Utah Task Force 1 was activated to respond as a Type 1 Team, comprised of 80 members from multiple…
On Saturday, Oregon fire officials reported that more than 1,400 square miles have burned and dozens of people are missing. On Friday, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown said that nearly 500,000 people have either been told to evacuate or prepare to do so.
Also on Saturday and for an undisclosed reason, Oregon’s state fire marshal was placed on administrative leave. Jim Walker was replaced by Mariana Ruiz-Temple.
Today’s Top Stories
- School won’t let CEO pay off student lunch debt
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Former producer: Doug Wright is the master of the scoop
- Parent dress code, Houston high school takes aim at parents
- COVID-19 causes massive revenue shortfall for Intermountain