SALT LAKE CITY — Beginning next week, three additional high schools in the Alpine School District will implement a hybrid schedule. Lone Peak High School, Orem High School, and American Fork High School will join Pleasant Grove in hybrid learning.
On Friday the three schools will be closed so teachers can prepare for the hybrid schedule, according to a spokesperson with the district. Deep cleaning of the schools will take place over the weekend.
Alpine district says it intends to keep the hybrid model “for a couple weeks.” They did not provide a concrete end date.
The Alpine district says they’re moving to a hybrid model after COVID-19 cases at Pleasant Grove High School stabilized because of that school’s transition.
However, the district says in order to slow the spread of the virus, school schedules are subject to change.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus is transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Student hit in front of Kennedy Jr High in WVC
- Aubrey Page – Mount Ogden Junior High
- Indoor vs. outside dining: Which restaurant tables are safer?
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Goshen Fire in Utah County near Santaquin sparked by target shooting
- Acting US Customs and Border Protection Commissioner John Sanders to leave
- Dave & Dujanovic
- Volcanic activity the likely cause of central Utah earthquakes
- Utah Safety Council