(CNN) — Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an official told CNN Friday.
President Donald Trump announced overnight that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus.
McDaniel is a granddaughter of Michigan Governor and businessman George W. Romney and niece of US Senator Mitt Romney. Her positive test was first reported by The New York Times.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Possible hepatitis A exposure at 2 eateries in Spanish Fork
- Opinion: My Wish List for After the Time of Coronavirus
- Using anti-animal language is like using racial slurs, PETA says
- UPDATE: Children in apparent double murder-suicide have been identified
- Project Recovery: Pro skateboarder Brandon Novak shares how perception saved his life
- Sen. Mike Lee supports a bill to increase charitable tax deductions
- Can a flag be too big? A North Carolina city is suing RV dealer over large American Flag
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- Referendum filed to overturn tax reform bill