(CNN) — Ronna McDaniel, the chairwoman of the Republican National Committee, has tested positive for coronavirus, an official told CNN Friday.
President Donald Trump announced overnight that he and first lady Melania Trump tested positive for the virus.
McDaniel is a granddaughter of Michigan Governor and businessman George W. Romney and niece of US Senator Mitt Romney. Her positive test was first reported by The New York Times.
This story is breaking and will be updated.
™ & © 2020 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic