FARMINGTON, Utah — Southbound I-15 will remain closed until at least 10 a.m. Friday morning according to the Utah Department of Transportation after an early morning semi fire.
Spokesman Zach Whitney says that reports first came in that a semi carrying frozen food had caught fire near Park Lane and crews are still in the process of cleaning it up.
Expect an hour to an hour-and-a-half to get through Davis County this morning: https://t.co/ObTP0yn394
— KSL Traffic Center (@KSLTraffic) October 23, 2020
“When you have a vehicle on fire in this situation it burns very hot,” Whitney said. “After the cleanup, they’ll have to evaluate the damage. A lot of times when you have a vehicle fire of this kind of intensity, there’s often damage to the pavement.”
Whitney says that currently, their estimates are that the roadway will remain closed until 10 a.m.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America