STOCKTON, Utah — Crews are responding to a new fire that sparked near Soldier Canyon Saturday afternoon, reporting the flames are burning in steep terrain.
The fire — named Soldier Canyon Fire — has burned roughly 20 acres as of 4:45 p.m. Officials report there are five engines, two helicopters and two single engine air tankers are responding to the area.
The #SoldierCanyonFire east of Stockton is estimated at approximately 20 acres and is actively burning in steep terrain. Cause is under investigation. 5 engines, two helicopters and two single engine air tankers are assigned. #ffsljc pic.twitter.com/BTERJjOy6P
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) October 24, 2020
No evacuations have been ordered and officials report no structures are threatened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- St. George investigation into missing hiker closes with no evidence of fraud
- United Utah Party: Investigate Gov. Herbert for possible inducement
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Sen. Lee “inclined to support” Merrick Garland as AG
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker