SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake City Police are on the scene of a car accident where a car collided with a person riding a scooter. The accident took place near 300 S and West Temple in Salt Lake City Thursday night.
At approximately 6:24 PM a 30-year-old male on an electric scooter was southbound on West Temple. The rider then failed to stop at a red light and went through it for an unknown reason.
The scooter then collided with a car at the intersection. The driver of the SUV stopped immediately and has been compliant according to SLCPD.
The rider of the scooter has been transported to a nearby hospital.
SLCPD does not have any further details at this time. It is also undisclosed if this was a “Bird” or moped accident.
This article will be updated when more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- Casey Scott, 200 days sober, opens up about the problems that led to his horrifying crash
- Koala rescued after five-car pileup on Australian freeway