ATLANTA — The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) now recommends Americans stay home rather than travel to visit friends or family over the Thanksgiving holiday.
In an advisory posted to the CDC website Thursday, the Atlanta-based agency said staying home for Thanksgiving is the best way to protect your health and that of your loved ones.
The advisory continued:
More than 1 million COVID-19 cases were reported in the United States over the last 7 days.
As cases continue to increase rapidly across the United States, the safest way to celebrate Thanksgiving is to celebrate at home with the people you live with.
The CDC’s full Thanksgiving recommendations, including what to do if you must travel, can be found here.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronavirus spreads person to person, similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Wear a mask to protect yourself and others per CDC recommendations.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet).
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities).
- Get a flu shot.
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Today’s Top Stories
- Police investigate report of abduction in West Jordan
- University of Utah researchers believe they can significantly improve batteries
- COLD: Communication breakdown between law enforcement failed Joyce Yost
- Sea lion at Hogle recovering after eating sock
- Tooele County Health Department issues Public Health Order to the owner of The Amphitheater…
- Your dog food may be linked to canine heart disease
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- NASA’s Mars helicopter takes flight, 1st for another planet
- Dr. Angela Dunn: “Optimistic” some places in Utah could move to…
- Kanye West releases new album ‘Donda’ after delay