(CNN) — Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.
“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” Twitter said.
“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.”
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Live Mic: Former Secret Service agents talk about protecting Joe Biden
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- Vaccine watch: Utah County
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Sen. Romney calls on federal government to update country’s response to wildfires
- Elder Oaks reiterates opposition to same-sex marriage
- Senate President Stuart Adams blames Donovan Mitchell for blowback on attempted Critical…
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Mayochup? You mean Fry Sauce