(CNN) — Twitter has suspended President Donald Trump from its platform, the company said Friday evening.
“After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence,” Twitter said.
“In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action.”
This story is developing and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- Church leaders break ground for the Auckland New Zealand Temple
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem