(CNN) — Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended and another individual has been arrested for their alleged roles in the riot at the US Capitol on January 6, said Rep. Tim Ryan.
“There were two people suspended. One was the selfie officer and another was an officer who had put a MAGA hat on and started directing some people around,” said Ryan, an Ohio Democrat who is chair of the House subcommittee handling the investigation into the response to the insurrection. “It was the interim chief who determined that to be qualifying for immediate suspension.”
Ryan had fewer details about the individual who was arrested, and was not sure if the person was a police officer or a member of the National Guard. He told reporters he would have more details later.
He added that there are approximately 10 to 15 Capitol Police officers under investigation for their behavior during the riot but did not have more specifics.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Children’s Service Society
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest