SALT LAKE CITY — A large police presence in the Rose Park neighborhood of Salt Lake City is affecting traffic early Friday morning.
Law enforcement began blocking roads near 400 N and Redwood Road starting just before 5 a.m.
SLCPD said there is no threat to the public at this time and that the suspect barricaded in an RV after an aggravated assault. Currently, SWAT teams, negotiators and social workers on the scene.
We are currently dealing with a barricaded subject near 400 N. and Pamela Way. Our SWAT team, negotiators and social workers are in scene. There is no threat to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/M0aJR6Ffcw
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 22, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Officer Josue Llil, West Valley Police Department
- Red Barn Farms
- Can an executive order really change the 14th Amendment?
- New dashboards compare education spending to outcomes in Utah
- Doctored videos are already faking the cause of Beirut’s explosion
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- KSL’s Unrivaled: The teams you live for, the sports you love
- Tree roots tangled with headstones keep Salt Lake cemetery closed
- Nurses wanted: Swamped hospitals scramble for pandemic help