SALT LAKE CITY — A large police presence in the Rose Park neighborhood of Salt Lake City is affecting traffic early Friday morning.
Law enforcement began blocking roads near 400 N and Redwood Road starting just before 5 a.m.
SLCPD said there is no threat to the public at this time and that the suspect barricaded in an RV after an aggravated assault. Currently, SWAT teams, negotiators and social workers on the scene.
We are currently dealing with a barricaded subject near 400 N. and Pamela Way. Our SWAT team, negotiators and social workers are in scene. There is no threat to the public. Please avoid the area. pic.twitter.com/M0aJR6Ffcw
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) January 22, 2021
This story is breaking and will be updated.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Looking within: self-discovery amid pandemic
- Grandfather of suspect in the death of little girl says he is a troubled family member
- House approves bill to rename Dixie State University