CLEARFIELD, Utah — One man is under arrest after a shooting in a Clearfield neighborhood early Sunday morning.
Michael Hernandez, 21, of Clearfield, Utah, reportedly admitted to police that he had fired a gun after getting into a fight with other people at the party.
Officials from the Clearfield Police Department said they received several 911 calls reporting gunshots in the area of 150 N. 500 W. in Clearfield.
When officers arrived they said people were fleeing the area on foot and in vehicles. They also located a 20-year-old male victim with a gunshot wound to his arm. He was in a vehicle and preparing to leave the scene.
The victim was given medical assistance and transported to McKay Dee Hospital where the Clearfield Police Department said he was treated and released.
Hernandez was later taken into custody and according to police, he admitted firing the gun. After a search of his residence, Clearfield police say they found evidence related to the shooting including the suspected firearm.
Hernandez was booked into Davis County Jail for aggravated assault and attempted homicide.
Because of the number of people at the party, and the number that police say fled the scene, there were multiple agencies involved in pursuing and identifying suspects. They include the North Davis Fire Department, Davis County Sheriff’s Office, the Layton, Clinton, and Syracuse Police Departments, as well as the Davis County Sheriff’s Department Crime Lab.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School