SALT LAKE CITY — The South Salt Lake Police Department is questioning a woman who called Friday night claiming she had shot and killed her husband, with few details about the incident released.
The police department reported receiving the phone call around 11:51 p.m. Friday, as officers responded to 583 W. Billinis Road. Officers report they found a 66-year-old man dead on-scene, according to spokesperson Danielle Croyle.
The woman who turned herself in will be questioned further Saturday morning as police process the scene. There is no prior history of criminal activity at the address, according to Croyle.
No identifying details of the man were released as of Saturday morning.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- Mary Livingston – Desert Hills Middle School
- Utah flag could get redesign under legislative proposal
- Intimate Partner Violence numbers in Utah
- Church issues clarifying statement on the Word of Wisdom
- Wuhan (finally) bans wild animals at wet markets
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- Major flooding in Hanksville near Capitol Reef National Park
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60