PARAGONAH, Utah — One person has died following a crash involving three vehicles on I-15 just south of Beaver, Utah Highway Patrol officials confirmed Sunday evening.
Troopers are investigating a crash south of Beaver on I-15. Unfortunately this crash has resulted in fatal injuries. Please drive safe as we get into Spring vacations over the next few weeks. More details will be provided shortly.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 29, 2021
UHP spokesperson Chris Bishop said officials are still gathering details on the crash, but have determined three vehicles were involved: a Mazda, Toyota Tacoma and an Infinity. It’s not yet known how many people were involved or if other injuries were sustained.
Two helicopters were called to the scene to transport patients, according to a tweet by UHP Sunday evening. The exit for state Route 271 near Paragonah was initially closed, but reopened around 6:45 p.m., officials confirmed.
Additional information on the crash or the victim was not immediately available.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Friends and climbers mourn a Utah man who died on Mt. Everest
- Officer Dallas Smith & Officer Cory Lewis, Spanish Fork Police Department
- 2 charged with killing woman in southwest Nebraska
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Jerry Silva, South Salt Lake Police Department
- New KSL documentary goes behind the scenes of the COLD podcast
- Angela Kirk – Noah Webster Academy
- My father is an addict — one child’s letter about addiction
- The first ever YouTube video was uploaded 15 years ago today. Here it is