PARAGONAH, Utah — One person has died following a crash involving three vehicles on I-15 just south of Beaver, Utah Highway Patrol officials confirmed Sunday evening.
Troopers are investigating a crash south of Beaver on I-15. Unfortunately this crash has resulted in fatal injuries. Please drive safe as we get into Spring vacations over the next few weeks. More details will be provided shortly.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) March 29, 2021
UHP spokesperson Chris Bishop said officials are still gathering details on the crash, but have determined three vehicles were involved: a Mazda, Toyota Tacoma and an Infinity. It’s not yet known how many people were involved or if other injuries were sustained.
Two helicopters were called to the scene to transport patients, according to a tweet by UHP Sunday evening. The exit for state Route 271 near Paragonah was initially closed, but reopened around 6:45 p.m., officials confirmed.
Additional information on the crash or the victim was not immediately available.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Hill Air Force Base Open Aircraft Day
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- How tech salaries compare among Utah cities and to other states