Utah Jazz playoff games give sports bars a boost in business
SALT LAKE CITY — Every Utah Jazz playoff game gives sports bars in Utah a chance to build their business back after the pandemic.
Tim Ryan is Chief Financial Officer for the 13 ‘Bout Time Pub & Grub locations in Utah. He says they were able to hang on to most of their staff during the lean months by taking advantage of PPP loans and other programs.
” I think we were able to do a good job of keeping people scheduled and working and helping them to get benefits,” Ryan told KSL Newsradio.
Ryan says the easing of mask restrictions is also helping bring patrons through the door.
“As customers feel more comfortable, they are coming back in and filling the seats. There’s a lot of pent-up demand,” Ryan says.
Ryan says the Jazz playoff games mean a lot to the community as well as his business.
“It really is going to be a wonderful opportunity to get business going again and for people to come out and see that it’s OK to be out and about, and there are good times to be had, for sure,” he said.
And in the best of all possible scenarios, Ryan says having the Jazz make it to the NBA finals would “really pack the place.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- ‘Rust’ case file details Alec Baldwin’s texts after deadly shooting
- Second man arrested in connection to 7-11 Millcreek shooting
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- Boy with terminal brain cancer is giving back to other patients
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples
- Mayor announces Trader Joe’s will be coming to Draper in 2023
- The history behind el Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead
- West Jordan double homicide ‘person of interest’ in custody
- Davis County GOP leader apologizes for controversial Facebook post