CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
One dead in Salt Lake County motorcycle crash
Aug 28, 2021, 5:05 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — A motorcycle crash Friday night in Salt Lake County claimed one life.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the crash occurred eastbound on SR-201 at Redwood Road just before 8 p.m.
The motorcyclist attempted to take the right split to go southbound on Redwood Road. However, the motorcycle exited the highway to the left and entered into the grassy gore area between the northbound and southbound exits.
Due to traveling at a high rate of speed, the motorcycle caught air as it went down the hill. It tumbled several times before coming to a stop. The motorcyclist died at the scene, despite wearing a helmet and other protective gear.
The identify of the victim was not released.
- SLC police arrest driver after fatal motorcycle crash
- Soda Springs crash kills motorcyclist from West Point, Utah
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Suspect in custody in South Salt Lake homicide
- Nate Crandall – Blackridge Elementary
- From Addict to Ironman: Todd Crandall runs #93 tomorrow in St. George
- Mayor suspends officers involved in man’s suffocation death
- Man recovering from injuries after Saratoga Springs head-on crash
- Woman sentenced for allegedly buying biological weapon to kill roommate
- Two workers from Wasatch Electric electrocuted while working in West Valley City
- Ex-boyfriend arrested, accused of shooting a woman while she was driving