BENSON, Utah — Community members in a small Cache Valley town are fondly remembering a Big Foot that would roam the area and be spotted from time to time.
Kori Rhodes says her mom Heidi wanted to cheer people in her town up over the last year so she bought a life-sized sasquatch and started hiding it around town.
Heidi Rees told the Herald Journal she first placed him at the river bottoms ‘in the buff.’ Until he was spotted.
Next she dressed him in a suit and put him in the bushes near the local church. The latest outfit was in beachwear.
Heidi said she went to check on Big Foot on Sunday and discovered his head was sawed off. She doesn’t understand why someone would take the head in such a violent way, especially since it was only duct-taped in place.
Now she’s just hoping the head will be returned so she can possibly repair it and bring smiles back to her friends and family. Neighbors are collecting money to help pay for repairs if the head is ever found.
*KSL NewsRadio does not assure that the money deposited to the account directly benefits the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Polizzi Clinic
- Exclusive: Why Millennials and GenZers love going to the bank
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Dan Jewel, Layton City Police Department
- VOTE: What is the most popular candy in Utah?
- Recent record-setting rain makes August one of the wettest in SLC
- Missionary sent home over accusations of sextortion through Snapchat
- Utah Purple Heart recipient gifted brand new house
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Using anti-animal language is like using racial slurs, PETA says