Salt Lake City Police investigating early morning shooting
This story has been edited from its original version to reflect new information.
SALT LAKE CITY– Lieutenant Andrew Cluff, with Salt Lake City Police Department, told KSL-TV’s Tamara Vaifanua the police were called to a house near 500 South and Redwood Road at about 6:20 AM with reports of a shooting.
“When we arrived on scene we found a 55-year-old male who was shot multiple times to the upper torso,” Cluff reported.
Cluff said the male was sitting on his front porch alone with no other witnesses around when the incident occurred. “[Emergecy services] were able to render aid fairly quickly and got him to the hospital,” Cluff said.
Police were able to speak with the victim before he was taken to a local hospital in critical condition. “The only description that we have for the suspect is a dark-colored sedan,” Cluff said.
Officials have not determined a motive.
SLCPD is seeking help from the public about the early morning incident. If you have any information, surveillance footage or photos please call the SLCPD at 801-799-3000.
This story is developing and will be updated with more information.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- ‘Rust’ case file details Alec Baldwin’s texts after deadly shooting
- Second man arrested in connection to 7-11 Millcreek shooting
- Exploding Whale Memorial Park – a blast from the past is memorialized in a new park
- Boy with terminal brain cancer is giving back to other patients
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples
- Mayor announces Trader Joe’s will be coming to Draper in 2023
- The history behind el Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead
- West Jordan double homicide ‘person of interest’ in custody
- Davis County GOP leader apologizes for controversial Facebook post