Christmas cheer lives here: Utah ranked second most Christmassy state
When it comes to the most festive states in the country, Utah takes the second spot for feeling merry and bright and bringing Christmas cheer.
Christmas in Utah second only to California
According to a The Christmas Initiative, a survey conducted by Musement revealing the states with the most Christmas spirit in the US, Utahns love to get their jingle on. Utah came in second place for Christmas spirit, just edged out of the top spot by California.
On a scale of “Bah, Hum-Bug” nay-sayers to over-the-top “Buddy the Elf” pure holiday joy for the holidays, Utah scored a 97 out of a possible 100 points.
The research shows Utah residents are big fans of watching Christmas movies. Also, we like to stay warm and cozy indoors from what’s usually cold winter December weather with festive activities like building gingerbread houses.
Other states with big Christmas joy
Rounding out the top ten states with lots of Christmas spirit? In order, the survey listed:
- New Jersey
The more Grinch-like states include (in no particular order) Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
Musement, a digital discovery and booking platform for travel activities and experiences around the world, also adds Americans love the Christmas spirit. It’s just that some states celebrate more than others.
More like this:
- Annual Christmas Devotional held Sunday at Conference Center
- Temple Square Christmas lights and activities for 2021
- Natural vs. artificial: Which Christmas tree option is better for the climate?
- TikTok-ers organize record-breaking bid on a Christmas tree at the Festival of Trees
- My Minute of News: Start your Christmas shopping now. We mean it.
- Supply chain issues and extreme weather cause Christmas tree shortage