A man has been arrested after breaking into West High School late at night
SALT LAKE CITY — Police have arrested a 31-year-old man in connection with a burglary at West High School late Thursday night.
Around 11:45 p.m., Salt Lake City Police responded to reports of a burglary alarm sounding at West High School. When officers arrived they found a male suspect. He began to run from officers on foot. However, police were eventually able to get ahold of him.
Police are working to find out more about the suspect. They identified the suspect through security camera footage at the high school. The individual police have detained matches the description.
The investigation is ongoing to determine whether he is the suspect involved in the school burglary. Police reported there were minimal damages to the building. No one was injured.
- Vehicle reels from crash and falls off embankment, injures two
- Lehi police search for suspects in overnight car chase, one is on foot
- Three suspects at large after home invasion, shooting in Rose Park
Today’s Top Stories
- Identifying veterans’ suicide risk via social media
- South Salt Lake police investigating suspicious death of an infant
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- One person killed in a single vehicle crash in Logan
- Vernal authorities investigating an auto-pedestrian incident
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Utah’s lone surviving Moon Tree faces uncertain future