Saddle of Love
Saddle of Love is a therapeutic ranch where participants ride and bond with horses using equine assisted psychotherapy. They serve youth, young adults, and families struggling with anxiety, depression, trauma, and other indications leading to suicide ideation. They partner with horses to explore self-awareness, connection, confidence, and to gain new perspectives.
A connection with animals alongside therapy techniques can help reduce the risk of suicide. Saddle of Love’s vision is to teach at-risk youth to be mentally healthy and provide a supportive network of resources.
Each session is led by a licensed psychotherapist who is also a certified equine interaction specialist – teaching mental health techniques and horsemanship skills. They believe that one of the most important things is to love ourselves and accept ourselves exactly the way we are.
If you’d like to participate, volunteer, or donate please visit saddleoflove.org.
SelectHealth recognizes the healing power of horses provided by Saddle of Love as another example of how Utah Gives Back.
Today’s Top Stories
- More pickleball courts (and more players) coming to South Jordan
- Pack your bags! Extended stays at Bear Lake await you
- Amazon announces new fulfillment center, 800 jobs in West Jordan
- Utah’s new free mask program sees high demand and wait times
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary
- Utah homeschooling is on the rise. What does that say about education in Utah?
- Child porn investigation leads to meth discovery, closure of Sandy daycare
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Herriman Mayor, amidst calls for his resignation, apologizes for misuse of city funds
- Argentine soccer great Diego Maradona dies at 60