UPD looking for suspect in morning robbery
RIVERTON, Utah –An armed robbery was reported at a Chevron gas station on Wednesday morning. According to Sgt. Melody Cutler, from Unified Police Department, the robbery occurred just after 6 a.m.
The incident happened at the Kearns Chevron located at 4700 S. and 4000 W.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his mid-twenties wearing khaki pants and a gray sweatshirt with a purple logo.
According to UPD, the suspect brandished a firearm and demanded money from the clerk. The suspect fled in a white Nissan Altima.
Additionally, police said that there had been a few “beer runs,” in West Valley City on Wednesday morning. These are described as someone walking out of the store without paying for their items. Police said the suspect in the beer runs was also driving a white Altima.
Authorities said the crimes may be connected but police cannot confirm at this time.
If you have any information regarding this incident contact Unified Police Department at 801-840-4000.
Today’s Top Stories
- Identifying veterans’ suicide risk via social media
- South Salt Lake police investigating suspicious death of an infant
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed
- One person killed in a single vehicle crash in Logan
- Vernal authorities investigating an auto-pedestrian incident
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- Alpine, Davis school districts ramp up support for social and emotional learning
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- Prosecutors warn parents about online safety after more than 100 predators arrested within…
- Utah’s lone surviving Moon Tree faces uncertain future