Road rage incident that began in Kaysville leads to shooting with BB gun
KAYSVILLE, Utah — A road rage incident reportedly led to a heated altercation between two vehicles involving a BB or pellet gun Monday afternoon.
Sgt. Roy Carlson with Utah Highway Patrol said the problem began around 2:40 p.m when two vehicles were heading southbound on I-15 in Kaysville. They reportedly got into an unspecified road rage incident. This led one of the drivers to pull out a gun and shoot the passenger side of the other car. The shooting left three bullet holes in the car.
Carlson said the driver who reportedly shot the BB or pellet gun had two children in the back of his vehicle. The other vehicle had two people inside including the driver.
No one was hurt, but Carlson said that some glass was shattered.
Police said that after the shooting, the suspected shooter continued. Carlson said witnesses followed the suspect to a Maverik in Centerville. From there, he was taken into custody after cooperating with police.
- Road rage incident leads to one dead in shooting
- Taylorsville babysitter arrested for allegedly causing death of baby
- Stabbing in Taylorsville sends one person to the hospital
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake ranks fourth nationally for pickleball but what is it?
- Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
- How to care for Canterbury Bells | KSL Greenhouse
- Utah gets more diverse; researcher says it should influence policy
- Navajo leaders quarantine as Native nation prepares for curfew
- Fed begins inflation fight with key rate hike, more to come
- VIP Special Needs Sports League
- Drug tests and background checks are becoming less important to employers. Here’s why
- BYU football names LSU assistant coach Jeff Grimes as new offensive coordinator
- The website Yelp is on the search for a Chief Pizza Officer