COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A Cottonwood Heights police officer was at Dan’s Supermarket on 23rd East buying donuts Saturday morning when he recognized a suspect in a series of robberies. Lieutenant Mark Askerlund says the man was dressed in a hoodie with the hood pulled tight around his face and may have been about to commit another robbery. The officer who spotted him went to his car to call for backup and officers were able to take the suspect into custody without trouble.
Askerlund says the suspect, 19-year-old Zane James, is believed to be responsible for a series of robberies at Subway, Game Stop, World Market and other businesses in Cottonwood Heights. The last one occurred on Friday afternoon.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL NewsRadio picks up Murrow award for tour bus crash coverage
- Latter-day Saint mission president dies in the Philippines
- Bail reform becomes legislative spotlight in Utah once again
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- Tooele County School District
- When will you get your stimulus payment? Here’s how to check
- FBI Confidential: Chasing The Dragon Of Opioid Addiction
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Some children have ended up in Utah’s hospitals with COVID-19
- 4 Valentine’s Day Deaths in 4 Years: How Safe Valentine’s Day Driving will…