OGDEN VALLEY — A boater rescued an apparently intoxicated swimmer at Pineview Reservoir Saturday evening.
Sgt. Nealy Adams with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says the boater noticed a swimmer had disappeared underwater and wasn’t coming back up.
“The Good Samaritan came over and jumped in the water and pulled this kid back up. By the time he got him pulled back up, he was blue,” Nealy told KSL Newsradio.
Sgt. Nealy says that’s when the rescuer started to give the swimmer CPR.
“Rescue breaths and chest compressions. After a little bit of time, the male came to, coughing up the water.”
Although the swimmer was up and walking around after being revived, Sgt. Nealy says he was taken to a local hospital for observation. The names of the swimmer and his rescuer have not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane State Liquor Store closes, employee tests positive for COVID-19
- Lunar eclipse during supermoon set for early Wednesday morning
- Three people gored as running of the bulls ends in Pamplona
- Man charged with selling illegal THC cartridges for vape pens
- Sears staves off liquidation, stores to remain open
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Trooper Justin Hansen
- Utah football fans honor Ty Jordan with “The Ty Jordan Challenge”
- SLC hit hard by flash flooding
- Air quality “unhealthy” for all near Spanish Fork