OGDEN VALLEY — A boater rescued an apparently intoxicated swimmer at Pineview Reservoir Saturday evening.
Sgt. Nealy Adams with the Weber County Sheriff’s Office says the boater noticed a swimmer had disappeared underwater and wasn’t coming back up.
“The Good Samaritan came over and jumped in the water and pulled this kid back up. By the time he got him pulled back up, he was blue,” Nealy told KSL Newsradio.
Sgt. Nealy says that’s when the rescuer started to give the swimmer CPR.
“Rescue breaths and chest compressions. After a little bit of time, the male came to, coughing up the water.”
Although the swimmer was up and walking around after being revived, Sgt. Nealy says he was taken to a local hospital for observation. The names of the swimmer and his rescuer have not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family confirms remains found at Daybell home are missing children
- 17 Latter-day Saint temples to reopen for sealings on Monday
- Judge rules Chad Daybell should face trial in case of missing kids
- Volunteers of America
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- New study: excessive screen time can stunt child development
- Fireworks are legal through July 5th in Utah, but not everywhere
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- Fireworks and pets: keeping furry friends safe during firework season
- Mary Kaye Huntsman talks: politics, international pressure and Russia