SOUTH SALT LAKE — A picture perfect award for South Salt Lake after the department beat out public safety agencies across the nation for the title of best-dressed department.
News of the award came in Wednesday afternoon. While it may sound like a silly award, spokesperson Gary Keller says the uniform is an important part of their job.
“Gives you a command presence the public can see. People know who to reach out to if they need help,” Keller said.
He said their outfits bring both pride and respect to an officer’s job.
“I can’t say enough about our officers and, you know, taking the time to be presentable and look professional at all times,” Keller said.
A press release from the North American Association of Uniform Manufacturers & Distributors (NAAUMD) named South Salt Lake the best-dressed agency with between 100 and 500 officers. An Ohio department took the award for agencies with 100 or fewer officers and a Texas department won the award for agencies with 500 or more.
Today’s Top Stories
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- How to prepare home and family for an earthquake
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- A warning about abandoned campfires
- Vail Resorts CEO talks about social distancing for ski season at Park City Mountain
- Killer’s lifetime of evil backed up by a prodigious memory
- The worldwide impact of The First Vision
- Ann Romney to join Michelle Obama in TV special to encourage voting