BRIGHAM CITY – The owners of a trucking company in northern Utah hope the public can help them find whoever stole a semi with two trailers attached.
First thing Tuesday morning, a driver with Francis Trucking noticed his rig was gone. Investigators looked over the surveillance footage from the night before, and they saw a man hop into the truck and drive away; however, Brigham City Police Lt. James Crapse says, “It’s not good enough quality to identify suspects.”
But they could see the thief was well trained to drive a semi. Investigators believe he may even have his CDL. Company owner Justin Francis says, “From the footage on the surveillance tapes, he wasn’t jerking and jarring, trying to get the truck going. It was nice and smooth driving when he drove it out of the yard.”
Company owner Justin Francis says, “From the footage on the surveillance tapes, he wasn’t jerking and jarring, trying to get the truck going. It was nice and smooth driving when he drove it out of the yard.”
The tractor is an all-white Peterbilt. The trailers are both side dumps. One is a full-length trailer, and the other is a smaller pup trailer. Francis estimates the total value of the equipment, to him, is nearly $150 thousand.
However, he adds, “To buy a setup like that, brand new, you would be getting close to $300 thousand.”
This isn’t the first time someone has stolen a semi from Francis. He says one was taken out of Ogden, and it was later found stripped for parts.
Today’s Top Stories
- Stacey Marshall – Jordan Ridge Elementary
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Dave & Dujanovic: Was police use of force in Minneapolis akin to murder?
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- Parents of Susan Powell endure day of graphic court testimony
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates