PLEASANT GROVE — The largest American flag that has ever flown is coming to Pleasant Grove for the fourth of July.
Organizers have done this before with large flags, but they say they want to reach more people and touch more lives.
This flag is more than a quarter-acre in size. It is being hand made by Colonial Flag in Sandy. They laid it out at the South Towne Expo Center last week and the Candy Bomber, Col. Gail Halvorson, helped stitch on a star.
On the morning of July 4, they’ll carry it up to Grove Creek trailhead, shoot a line on an arrow across the canyon and then pull the flag across that line so everyone can see it.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces first ever African-American General Authority
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88