A five-year-old boy who’d been camping at the Spanish Oaks reservoir with his family drowned Saturday afternoon. Sgt. Chris Sheriff with the Spanish Fork police department says searchers looked for the boy for more than half an hour after he was reported missing before a couple of bystanders spotted him.
“He was found under the water just off the main beach area,” Sheriff told KSL Newsradio. “One found him and the other helped to bring the body up.” Emergency crews rushed the boy to Mountain View hospital, where they had plans to fly him to a trauma center. But by then, Sheriff said the boy had passed away.
The boy’s family is from out of state. They had been participating in a family reunion at the reservoir, which is a community fishing and camping spot in Spanish Fork.
<iframe width=”100%” height=”300″ style=”background-color:transparent; display:block; max-width: 700px;” frameborder=”0″ allowtransparency=”allowtransparency” scrolling=”no” src=”//embeds.audioboom.com/posts/6005243-child-drowns-in-spanish-fork-reservoir/embed/v4?eid=AQAAAMmmPFn7oVsA” title=”audioBoom player”></iframe>
Today’s Top Stories
- UVU students win records fight over campus police reports
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- University of Utah honors veterans with ceremony
- Woman killed by ex-husband in apparent murder-suicide in Cache County
- 2 San Juan County residents being monitored for coronavirus
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- How does the Electoral College work?
- The Best Family RV Vacations in Utah: 3 Fun RV Trip Planning Ideas for Your Next Summer Adventure