Video of Senator Mike Lee discussing health care bill:
WASHINGTON DC — We could get our first look at the Senate’s plan to replace the Affordable Care Act soon.
Republican leaders agreeing to release a draft after lawmakers on both sides of the aisle complained they are being kept in the dark. Utah Senator Mike Lee posted this Facebook video last night:
“Even though I’ve been a member of this working group, among Senate Republicans, assigned to help narrow some of the focus of this, I haven’t seen the bill,” he said.
He says that’s frustrating. He says it’s being written by a handful of staffers for republican leadership. Lee says the country needs relief from Obamacare, but the American people ought to be able to see legislation as it moves through Congress.
Today’s Top Stories
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- ‘Golden Boy’-turned-addict finds newfound life after prison
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- The Fed just unleashed another $2.3 trillion to support the economy
- People are moving to Utah, making it one of the fastest growing states in the US
- CenterPoint Legacy Theatre Academy
- Poor disposal of masks and gloves poses deeper health risks
- Here’s what Burger King’s new logo looks like