WASHINGTON DC — It’s now up to the U.S. Senate to confirm former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, Jr., as the next ambassador to Russia. Political experts say that shouldn’t be a problem — given that he’s gone through the process three times without a single dissenting vote.
Huntsman previously served as Ambassador to China and Singapore. He was Utah’s governor from 2005 to 2009.
His transition to Russia would come at an interesting time, given the political climate between Moscow and Washington, D.C.
Utah Senator Orrin Hatch, Representative Chris Stewart and others within the GOP say they are pleased that this nomination is moving forward and say it is a wise choice.
Political experts and one of Huntsman’s daughters reacted. You can hear that by clicking on the audio below.
Read more here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- Drugs and other crimes still a big problem in county jails
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Salt Lake City high schools may start later in 2021
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Utah Jazz plane bird strike was especially bad according to officials
- Biden adds Michigan to win total, delivering blow to Sanders
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- UVU students win records fight over campus police reports