OREM – Police say an Orem man was in critical condition following an early-afternoon shooting. Police were called to 515 E. 1834 S. at about 1:30 this afternoon. Lt. Craig Martinez said the victim, a 53-year old male, was outside and had been shot once in the chest. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Martinez said the suspect, a 60-year old male, was inside the house and initially refused to come out. Martinez said negotiators were eventually able to talk him into giving up.
Police say the victim and suspect are related. Martinez said police have recovered a gun. Police are now working to learn what led up to the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations