WASATCH COUNTY — Crews have found the body a man whose kayak flipped at Deer Creek Reservoir on Saturday.
Sgt. Drew Patterson with Utah State Parks says the man was kayaking with a female companion when the kayak overturned.
“Going down, they only had one life jacket between the two of them and the kayak tipped over,” Patterson said. “He went under pretty fast, according to the female.”
His companion was unhurt and was able to call for help.
In addition to state parks officials, Wasatch County rescuers and the Utah Highway Patrol Dive Team assisted with the search. The man was identified as 32-years-old, but his name was not immediately available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- Sergeant Brian Taylor, Provo Police Department
- Police say West Valley City man planned mass shooting during SLC protest
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Romney is president of a secret society in Washington
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…