COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — A man was hurt in a trackhoe fire that closed down a road in Cottonwood Heights today. Police say the fire was in danger of destroying a power line and exploding a nearby natural gas line.
“When we get on a scene like that we like to make sure our bases are covered and the situation won’t escalate,” said Eric Holmes, PIO for Unified Fire Authority. “Don’t know the cause of the fire itself.”
Fortunately Holmes says they were able to put the flames out before they spread. The injured man was treated on scene and released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- Salt Lake City School District gears up for the year to start online
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- CNN and ‘Sesame Street’ to host a town hall addressing racism
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are