Dear Teacher Feature,
My name is Emily Suckow and I am 13 years old.
My nomination is for Ms. Kathleen Dansie at Elk Ridge Middle School in South Jordan. You see, I was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) on May 19, 2009. I can’t go to school until my blood count numbers come up and are steady. Ms. Dansie comes over twice a week to bring me homework from my classes so I can still get the education I need to graduate. I’m only in eighth grade, so the classes I’m taking don’t go towards graduation, but I know that I need so many years of gym and math to graduate in a few years. Ms. Dansie understands how hard it is for me to keep my grades up when I’m not in school. I’ve always had a 4.0 GPA average, but when I’m not in school and I miss all of the class discussions, my grades drop more than you would know. These past five months have been really hard on me, what with the cancer and everything, but Ms. Dansie definitely helps me go through it.
[This is one] of the most amazing teachers I have had, and I pray that you will notice the excellence [she has].
Today’s Top Stories
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- FBI says “Band-Aid Bandit” still on the loose
- Layton Utah Temple site announced
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Sri Lanka bombing suspects may still be on the run, police warn