Mack Fieldsted is a great example of someone who makes a difference through teaching financial literacy. He truly has a passion for preparing his students for their futures. He gets to know each of his students and cares about them individually. The enthusiasm he shows for his curriculum and for his students is contagious.
Mack not only teaches Financial Literacy during the school year, but he teaches it during the Mountain View summer school program. It is one of our most popular offerings in the summer as students choose to take this course from Mr. Fieldsted in the summer because they don’t have room in their schedules to take it from him during the year. We even have students from other schools who come and specifically request his class because they have heard how much they will learn from him.
Mack had a successful career in the insurance industry as a financial planner before deciding to make a difference through teaching. His real world experience is invaluable in helping his students. Besides teaching financial literacy, Mack teaches history and is the student council advisor. He spends many, many hours in dedicated work for his students.
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- Sergeant Joe Cyr, Salt Lake City Police Department
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- “Blue Rally” gathers in downtown SLC to support law enforcement
- President Trump signs law naming Utah federal courthouse after former Sen. Hatch