I wanted to tell you about a teacher who has made an amazing difference in my child’s life. My daughter struggled through Kindergarten, First and Second grades. She hated going to school and many mornings made herself so ill she couldn’t go to school. She struggled with reading and math and had a very low self esteem. She wouldn’t do anything in front of people and shied away from anything that drew attention to herself. She was in gymnastics but was committed to only learning, she was never going to do any kind of competition.
Then Ben Voegele walked into her life. He is her Third grade teacher and she is a completely different girl. Mr. Voegele has a fun style of teaching which draws the children in. He has brought my daughter to reading at grade level, getting 100% on math tests consistently and enjoying school. I don’t think I could get her to stay home from school now, even if I tried. She comes home every day with a giant smile on her face saying, “Mom, guess what Mr. Voegele did today…” I couldn’t be more proud than when she comes out of school on Fridays and says that she got 100% on her spelling test…again…every week this school year.
Not only has Mr. Voegele created an environment in which my daughter could learn and progress exponentially, but he has instilled a new sense of confidence in her. She is not hiding in the back of the room anymore and when her gymnastics coach asked about being on the team…(and after being challenged by Mr. Voegele)…she even said yes.
I will never be able to thank Mr. Voegele enough for what he has done for our daughter. I hope this will help him get the recognition he deserves as the teacher who has inspired students including my daughter to be the best they can be. I am so proud of what my daughter has achieved and become under the watchful care of Mr. Voegele.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thousands of tiger muskies swim into new reservoir home
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic
- Nearly 400 years in the making, ‘Christmas Star’ visible tonight
- Gov. Herbert signs bill restoring police, firefighter pensions
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport
- Parents of Chad Daybell reach out; vigil planned to honor slain children
- Bail reform becomes legislative spotlight in Utah once again
- Salt Lake County Mayor Jenny Wilson asks sports teams to wear masks