Mr. Barfuss teaches my son Ethan both language arts and poetry. I would not have predicted that my video game loving 14-year-old would come to love poetry, writing poetry, but he does because of this incredible teacher. I asked Ethan what is so incredible about Mr. Barfuss and he said, “He’s one of the teachers who doesn’t teach for a job. He does it because he really loves it. He has lots of devotion to his students.”
We never know how opening up a heart can change a life, we just know it’s for the better. Thank you Mr. Barfuss.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- “Euthanize the police dog” Social Media calls to cancel Paw Patrol
- Small cans lead to big sales for Coca-Cola
- Elder Oaks reiterates opposition to same-sex marriage
- Loving Little Cottonwood Canyon to death: is a gondola the answer?
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Snapchat Dysmorphia: How selfie filters are driving the demand for plastic surgery
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- Historic office of the Utah Boy Scouts has closed