Ms Anderson has been a Savior for our son. He has been bullied for 2 years in his previous school. As a result we moved him to High Mark Charter School. His 6th grade teacher, Ms. Anderson has taken the time to get to know our son and to help his get his self worth and confidence back. She is a teacher that wants to see each student not only succed, but also achieve. Ms. Anderson doesn’t have children of her own yet, but she takes the time to go to school sports events that her students are playing in. When a issue comes up within her classroom, she pulls the students aside and listens to each students concerns, then addresses the issue in a manner that teaches, not degrades. She will email me to make sure my son is doing alright when he has been bullied. My son has gone from getting Ds and Cs to getting As and Bs. My son, in the past, did not want to go to school knowing the administration wouldn’t help with the bullying, to him enjoying going to school. Ms. Anderson has been the reason for this change in attitude. I wish she could teach my son every year for the remainder of his Jr high experience. Whoever gets Ms Anderson will very priviledged indeed!
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- Utah’s number of deaths from COVID-19 jumps to 8
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Review: Was “Frozen 2” a good sequel or even a good movie?
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building
- Settlement deal nearing completion for parents of Lauren McCluskey
- LDS Church: April General Conference will be “technology only”