Vangee Watts is a first grade teacher at Viewmont Elementary School. She is a wonderful, hard-working teacher, often seen working after hours to make sure her classroom is ready for her next day. One student in Vangee’s class was recently diagnosed with a form of brain cancer. He hasn’t been able to attend regularly all year due to surgeries and chemotherapy. He loves school though and always wants to attend when he is able to. Vangee always makes sure he is comfortable when he is able to come. On top of making him comfortable while he is at school, she comes regularly to his home to teach him the concepts he missed at school. She comes and just talks with him as well just to make sure he is happy and is able to understand all his lessons. Vangee is a teacher who goes above and beyond. We are so proud to have her at our school, and are thankful for all she does.
–Chelsea R. Strong
Today’s Top Stories
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Fact Check: Is Obama the only president to criticize a successor?
- Drugs and other crimes still a big problem in county jails
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Salt Lake City high schools may start later in 2021
- BYU Study: Drinking High-Fat Milk Connected With Biological Aging
- Tara Francyk-Wells – West Jordan Elementary
- Biden adds Michigan to win total, delivering blow to Sanders
- Utah Jazz plane bird strike was especially bad according to officials