SALT LAKE CITY — Two Utah Highway Patrol troopers are ok after being involved in two separate crashes yesterday.
UHP Sgt. Nick Street says that one troopers car was rear-ended on I-215 near Redwood Rd after a parole fugitive was fleeing from police. Police say he was taken into custody.
Around the same time, another trooper was side-swiped on I-15 near 31st Street in Ogden. Sgt. Street says the driver told troopers that they had low blood sugar and were struggling to stay in their lane.
That driver was cited for failing to maintain a lane.
Both of those troopers are going to be ok.
Today’s Top Stories
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- BIG MOVIE OF THE WEEK: Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse review
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Tsunami threat issued after powerful quake hits between Cuba and Jamaica
- AMBER Alert system on pause after empty message in middle of night
- Ogden cancels AMBER Alert, missing infant found safe
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- Someone painted “racist” on Brigham Young statue at BYU