SALT LAKE CITY — Republican state lawmakers are sending a letter thanking President Trump.
House Speaker Brad Wilson and Senate President Stuart Adams both signed the citation thanking President Trump for all he has done for Utah and the nation.
It states that the US and Utah economies have grown steadily under the Trump administration’s policies.
It also praises President Trump’s visit to Utah to reduce the size of the national monuments, and his judicial picks and other actions.
The thank you came instead of bills that would have punished Senator Mitt Romney for his impeachment vote. The citation also calls on Congress to get back to work.
Democrats in the state legislature condemned the letter, saying it expresses an opinion that the body of the legislature did not discuss nor vote on.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges