UTAH COUNTY — The search continues for two missing teenagers, 18-year-old Priscilla Bienkowski of Saratoga Springs and 17-year-old Sophia Hernandez of Eagle Mountain.
According to county officials, the teens went tubing on Utah Lake Wednesday afternoon but never came home. Since then, a large search effort has been made to locate the two missing teenagers.
Sergeant Spencer Cannon from the Utah County Sheriff’s Office said Thursday that they first received a call at 9:00 p.m. on Wednesday about the missing girls.
He also said that they had found personal items belonging to the two missing teenagers along the shoreline near SR-86. Those items included a cell phone, car keys and the vehicle in which they drove to the lake.
One of the pool tubes they were using was found washed up along the shoreline, Cannon said. The other drifted out into the lake. Investigators said both still contained air when they found them.
Hundreds of people gathered at the Knolls area of Utah Lake Saturday night for a vigil for the two missing teenagers.
Cannon said rescuers will need to scale the search back in the coming days. Although he fears the worst, Cannon did not rule out the possibility that the girls are elsewhere.
Today’s Top Stories
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- Lynda Carter offers wonderful performance at FanX
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho
- Payson shelter-in-place order lifted; sledgehammer suspect still at large
- RV, Starbucks at center of traffic snarl in SLC
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window