IRON COUNTY — Road closures and evacuations in Hamlin Valley due to the Big Summit Fire have now been lifted, according to Utah Fire Info.
Road closures that have been lifted included are Spanish Gorge, Arrowhead and Eightmile.
Property owners who are able to return home are asked to use caution while fire equipment is still in the area.
The Big Summit Fire, which started in Nevada and burned its way into Utah, is now 34% contained.
A more accurate mapping of the fire shows that has grown to 8,453 acres in size.
#BigSummitFire has been more accurately mapped at 8,453 and is 34% contained. Firefighters continue to put line around the fires edge and are rehabbing dozer line on the south end of the fire. More info can be found here https://t.co/QrZYjIRvGV pic.twitter.com/fCFlsTdU8v
— Utah Fire Info (@UtahWildfire) July 19, 2020
Firefighters are still working to extinguish the Big Summit Fire.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Skyline High School dismisses in-person class for two weeks following COVID-19 outbreak