SALT LAKE CITY — Police say the search continues for a suspect involved in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning near 900 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
Lt. Brian Sloan with Salt Lake City Police says there are few details for investigators to act on so far. He hopes area surveillance cameras from nearby businesses will give police some much-needed clues.
Police say they do know that the 34-year-old victim passed away at the hospital. They are asking anyone who may have witnessed the fatal shooting to contact them at 801-799-3000. Investigators are also hoping to locate a silver van that may have been in the area at the time, though they said they do not know if the vehicle belongs to the suspect.
Although the suspect is still at large, Sloan says he does not believe the public is in any harm’s way.
Today’s Top Stories
- Mount Ogden Junior High School moving to online classes Nov. 4
- Union Pacific parks over a hundred locomotives in Salt Lake rail yard
- Utah metal ‘monolith’ that garnered national attention reported missing
- Lee Lonsberry steps up to the mic at KSL
- 3-year-old Spanish Fork girl falls from 2nd story window
- Lagoon ready to open without reservations
- UDOT to build runaway truck ramp entering Garden City near Bear Lake
- Salt Lake City high schoolers now in class four days a week
- Getting Pulled Over is the Worst but Here’s How You Can Make Sure You Have a Safe…
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Park City hiker in Idaho