SALT LAKE CITY — Police say the search continues for a suspect involved in a fatal shooting that happened Saturday morning near 900 W. North Temple in Salt Lake City.
Lt. Brian Sloan with Salt Lake City Police says there are few details for investigators to act on so far. He hopes area surveillance cameras from nearby businesses will give police some much-needed clues.
Police say they do know that the 34-year-old victim passed away at the hospital. They are asking anyone who may have witnessed the fatal shooting to contact them at 801-799-3000. Investigators are also hoping to locate a silver van that may have been in the area at the time, though they said they do not know if the vehicle belongs to the suspect.
Although the suspect is still at large, Sloan says he does not believe the public is in any harm’s way.
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL 2019: Pass interference reviews main topic in season 100
- Man arrested in connection with body found in Ogden
- New restrictions on fireworks to keep Utah residents safe
- Pope sends strong message to US Catholics after Floyd death
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- ‘He changed my life’: Afghan pilot remembers Major Brent Taylor
- Utah Jazz debut new uniforms, welcome more fans at Vivint Arena
- China researchers discover new swine flu with ‘pandemic potential’