SALT LAKE CITY — A fatal accident claims the life of a 33-year-old woman who was driving near the area of 7200 west and SR-201 at around 10:30 p.m. Friday night.
Corporal Andrew Battenfield with the Utah Highway Patrol says the woman was driving an Elantra and is believed to have entered the intersection on a red light.
Battenfield said when she entered the intersection she was hit by a pick-up truck that was traveling eastbound and it looks like the victim was T-boned.
The 19-year-old male driver and the 20-year-old male passenger of the pickup truck were both wearing seatbelts. Each of them went to the hospital with injuries that were believed to be minor.
The road was closed for 3 hours Cause still under investigation
Today’s Top Stories
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- The most generous state in America is Utah – again
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- To eat, or not to eat breakfast — that is the question
- Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Child poverty in Utah is down from last year
- Changing water flow leads to more bugs in Grand Canyon
- Satellite imagery finds likely Kim train amid health rumors
- Ben & Jerry’s sued over ‘happy cow’ characterization